Monday, February 5, 2007

Well, duh

I haven't confirmed this through official channels but apparently the reason no one was answering their phones on Monday was that everyone here takes Monday off. Funny no one mentioned this to me... but I'll try to dig up more information on why that is. It makes sense for the museums (which was the context in which this fact was introduced to me) because they service a lot of weekend tourist traffic. Bike shops, on the other hand... it makes less sense to me. But it doesn't have to make sense. But it doesn't have to make sense to me, just to the people who arrange their lives around it here. I'm sure it makes perfect sense to them. I just have to find the Web page or person who can explain it to me.

Tomorrow.

Today, I went for a walk. The photo here is a view leading into the Brugge town square.


Tonight, I'm having a Belgian waffle for a bedtime snack and chasing it with a marvelous local Bush beer. It's dangerous having a bedroom above a bar with a good chef.

No comments: