Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Amsterdam during the day



Walked up and down Kalvenstraat today, what folks in Amsterdam call a "shopping street," because it's closed to car traffic. I found it very strange that I'd run into more than one outlet of the same store -- sometimes within two blocks of another one.



Didn't buy anything, since I don't have room in my saddlebags to bring any souvenirs back. So I decided to bring home a souvenir I could wear. Got a henna design at a tattoo shop. Decided on a pair of Klingon bat'leths, each curving down from my collarbone.
Don't know yet how dark they'll come out because the henna has just started to crumble off, but the parts that *have* look like they're going to be a light orange.

It's almost dinner time so I'm going to go out to look for something to eat. I found an Internet cafe with access to USB ports, so I may upload some photos later.

No comments: