Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Made it!

OK, Mara met me at the Picasso coffee shop a couple of blocks from Amsterdam Central train station and got me settled into the My Home hostel on Haarlemmerstraat.

It snowed on the way here from Antwerp, though, so I'm actually glad Citronne is in intensive care in Brugge. Actually in Blankenberge, just outside of Brugge. I don't care how cold it gets as long as I'm wearing the heated Gerbing gear under my leathers, but I don't like driving on ice or snow. With about six square inches of traction even on dry streets, wet and icy ones increase risk considerably.

And here's the good news: I called Joris Sport as soon as I got here and they said it's going to cost 92 euros for picking her up and repairing her shifter. Now, I'm taking that with a grain of salt because they could still discover something else wrong once they get started, but so far it's sounding like a very minor repair.

They said she could be ready tomorrow, so I'm debating whether I should head back tomorrow morning after only one night in Amsterdam because I don't know what the weather's going to be like and how much time that would add to my trip.

Will decide tonight.

No comments: