Tuesday, February 13, 2007

A final toast

I deliberately didn't completely drain my bottle of water when I left Brugge, filling it up again in Amsterdam and Dijon, so it has a little water from each of the places I stayed.

So I'm making a final toast with this mixture of water here at the Charles de Gaulle Airport to all the people who helped me through this adventure!

Salut!

Also, had some fellow passengers take this photo so I could show Dr. Strangelove I did get around to reading Balzac while in France. Finished Cousin Bette on the plane.

GREAT book. Excellent recommendation. Wonderful way to end the trip.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

And here's to you, Liz! You're so lucky to have encountered so many helpful strangers. What a great trip you had-- well done! Welcome back!

Liz-Metcalfe said...

I was lucky, indeed. Mara said I must have a horseshoe up ... well, where the sun doesn't shine (laughing). I always find that it's the people who make travelling interesting, and I really met some great people on this adventure.