Monday, October 1, 2007

Aye carumba

OK, this really stinks. Haven't even gotten to the Dragon yet and dumped the bike. Marc got his oil light thing sorted out -- the oil *WAS* too full and by draining a little out that solved the problem. After spending the night in Louisville at a friend's house I rode up to join him at the Ramada Inn off Hwy 71 in Sparta, Ky., where he stayed the night.

The Ramada is on top a steep hill overlooking the Kentucky Speedway. As I topped the hill I hit some gravel, tried to turn into the parking lot and went over, landing on the bike's left side. Broke the end off the shifter when she fell. Marc just went to get some instant weld glue while I call around for Kawasaki dealers to see if they have a shifter in stock.

The left signal light popped out of its mount in the fairing, but everything else is OK, including the clutch lever (whew!)

But ... man. Do I ever need to learn how to deal with gravel.

No comments: