Sunday, September 30, 2007

Half way there!

Spending the night in Louisville with my friend Michele -- this is the mid-point to the Dragon. Unfortunately had to leave my friend Marc about half way between Cincinnati and Louisville because his oil light kept coming on ... we couldn't figure out why. His oil level did seem a little *high* -- but his bike (a K1200R) wasn't overheating or anything. He decided to stop and call BMW in the morning, rather than continuing with me to Louisville, just in case.

Will connect with him in the morning after he finds out more. Hope it's not too serious. He looked seriously bummed when I left him.

Weather was perfect for today's ride -- just warm enough not to fill chilled in perfed leather and just cool enough to be refreshing. I have also finally figured out how to pack everything I need for a week into one tail bag and a tank bag. That's no mean feat, considering that includes a laptop, a digital camera, a camcorder and a *large* bag of crudites (that's raw veggies to you non-Quebecers) for snacks.

Oh, and a trickle charger. After allowing leaving my parking light on all night last week at Marc's and letting the battery die, I intended to be prepared.

The camcorder comes with a separate lens that I have to figure out how to attach to my helmet so I can record our rides on the Dragon.

One more day and we're there!

No comments: