Saturday, October 6, 2007

Baby's got a brand-new tire

Marc went on to Ann Arbor yesterday and I swung west to visit my cousins in Louisville and Clarksville, Indiana. After staying the night at my cousin Kathy's condo and having breakfast this morning with Kevin, Karen, Krista and Kim (four of my six K cousins) got packed to go and noticed there was a rivet sticking out of Baby's rear tire.

Don't know how long it was there -- could have been just a slow leak yesterday, but the tire was flat this morning. Glad it didn't give out on the highway. When you're not rolling is the best way to find out about a flat.

I don't believe in fixing tires -- the consequence of tire failure when rolling is too extreme. So took her over to SNS Motorsports here in Clarksville to get a new one. Got one of the soft compound ones this time. Like it so much I'm gonna get her a matching front one when we get back to Toronto.

Karen went to SNS Motorsports with me. While waiting for them to change the tire I amused myself sitting on all the bikes in the showroom. Have yet to find a Honda sport bike that even lets me get my toes down -- and the ZX-6Rs are even higher than Baby. Oy. I kind of liked how the Suzuki GS500 fit. But they don't have as good a reputation for reliability and handling.

So... got to spend another day visiting with my cousins.

Hope to get an early start in the morning!

No comments: