Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sleepless in Ann Arbor

Can't sleep tonight -- and couldn't sleep last night, either -- too excited because I'm finally heading south to ride the Tail of the Dragon -- a section of US I 129 that has 318 curves in only 11 miles (almost 18 kilometres).

I've wanted to ride it for years and was finally supposed to go down in August with my friend Marc but he had to bail because of a family emergency. But I rode to his place today (Saturday) -- just arrived an hour ago. And we're heading down tomorrow.

I've been looking at a Google map of the Dragon and it's really scary-looking. That's the southern leg in this Google map. The Cherahola Skyway (the east-west leg on the map) isn't shabby, either. I'm going to be a total grandma during the first run.

I'm testing a camcorder that has a separate lens that can be used as a helmet cam -- so we're going to try to record each other riding it.

We're doing the ride down in easy stages -- stopping Sunday night to stay with my friend Michelle and her partner Sherry's house in Louisville. On the way back, we're crashing at my cousin Kathy's place in Clarksville Indiana -- just across the river from Louisville.

Come on, sleep... join me now -- so I'll be fresh for tomorrow's ride to Louisville.

No comments: