Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hoy, matie! Amsterdam's back in view

Spoke to someone named Frederick at Business-bikes.com in Paris this morning and happily found out that he had no objection outright to one of their bikes driving to Amsterdam for a weekend.

Frederick was somewhat concerned about the current temperature being at or below zero, however. Insisted I'd be dead from hypothermia before getting to Amsterdam. Probably worried about me marooning the bike somewhere in Belgium.

He was most dubious about Gerbing's Heated Clothing keeping me warm enough.

And you're travelling "tout seul"? he inquired.

"Yes, that's right," I said.

"And you're a girl?"

"Yes," I said. "Yes, I am."

That elicited some tsk-tsking and barely hidden amusement.

Good thing I'm always happy to provide entertainment for my menfolk.

Frederick asked me to email him a picture of the wiring harness that would need to be attached to the battery to power the Gerbing's wear, and I did. I've inserted a copy of the picture below, if anyone's interested in what it looks like. I told Frederick I could fax installation instructions if he preferred for his technician to install it instead of me.

Hope to confirm the price and other details tomorrow.

No comments: