Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Busa ride May 3 (well, it was a LOT of Busas!)




The pretense for this ride down to Buffalo was to munch on wings, which the rest of the riders dutifully chowed down on. Being (mostly) vegetarian, I opted for the portabello stuffed ravioli - a strange, but delicious, find at a wing place.



There were 20 bikes on this ride - a pretty large group. Suzuki predominated (lots, and lots of Busas - but gixxers, too) but we had a small complement representing Kawasaki. It was amazing to me that we rode together in one group that large. Most of the riders were fairly experienced, but it's novel to me that we all managed to stay together.


Even at the border, where it seemed to take forever. Bikes don't take up as much room as cars so our line, although it looked small, took quite a while to process.

I find it interesting that U.S. customs didn't ask me to take my helmet off, but Canadian customs did. That's the third time I've seen that now. I'm sure it's harder to see whether the person on the passport photo is the person on the bike when the helmet's on, but when you're juggling passports and driver's licences, it's an incredible juggling act to also have to remove gloves (so you can take the helmet off) and the helmet - all while you're handing them and they're handing back your papers.

No comments: