Sunday, August 26, 2007

BTW: I ate these guys' dust

Have to hit the road back to Toronto soon, but just wanted to note that I was way outta my league riding with these guys. I'll try to get the exact route from Jay later, but we rode north up the 35 past Peterborough and did Hwy 507 and Elephant Road, among other twisties. Beautiful roads, many technically challenging. I pushed myself as far as I was comfortable doing so ... but still ate these guys' dust. And I totally wussed out once it started raining. Visor kept fogging and water got inside the visor when I cracked it to dispel the fog and could barely see where I was going, so I slowed way down. This was my first test of my FroggTogg rain gear though, and I'm happy to report that they work very well for less than a quarter of the weight and size of most rain gear. Now if I can just solve the visor fogging/water problem and figure out a way to keep my gloves dry...

No comments: